Director of Engineering
At Park, our Engineering team leads us into the future of the precision CNC stone and metal machinery industries. As the Director of Engineering, you will provide leadership to our team of highly skilled mechanical engineers, designers and technicians that are responsible for new product development, continuous improvement, and value engineering for Park’s extensive line of countertop fabrication and metal forming machinery and accessories.
As the Director of Engineering at Park:
- You will lead the development of innovative machine designs and testing that incorporate differentiated concepts and technologies with opportunities for patent protection.
- You will lead and provide guidance to your team and interdisciplinary teams on projects to ensure they follow the New Product Development (NPD) process while looking for opportunities to improve the process and speed to market.
- You will ensure project requirements are identified, cross functional concept and design reviews are completed, and products are thoroughly tested and validated prior to product launch.
- You will develop and facilitate analysis led design activities such as FEA and motor sizing analysis to enable increased efficiency in decision making early in the product development process.
- You will provide leadership to a team of highly qualified engineers that are focused on value engineering and continuous improvement.
- You will hire, train, develop, mentor, and evaluate your team to ensure that your associates receive the initial and continuing leadership and development needed to enhance the existing engineering department and provide innovation for the future of the team.
- You will be the liaison between Engineering and other departments, including the executive team, to communicate key technological strategies and decisions that may impact their respective areas.
What makes you a good fit?
Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years managing an engineering team in a manufacturing environment
Our ideal candidate would have experience with:
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- Experience designing new products in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, with a track record of assembling and developing strong teams
- Analytical problem-solving skills, the ability to identify causations and amelioration of issues at all levels
In addition to our focus on culture, we also offer our associates a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health, vision and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, a 401k program, holidays and paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and companywide bonus potential to name a few.