In-House Legal Counsel
Park Industries is seeking to add an In-House Legal Counsel to our team!
In the Legal Counsel role, you will manage legal business matters and provide counsel on legal issues to mitigate company risk. The Legal Counsel will act as a strategic partner by proactively offering legal solutions to facilitate the growth of Park Industries.
As the In-House Legal Counsel for Park Industries, you can expect to:
- Serve as strategic advisor to business teams on the impact and response to proposed and new rules, regulations, and legislation.
- Develop best practices for addressing emerging legal and business risks.
- Manage the review, preparation and negotiation of new customer/supplier contracts, updates to existing contracts, and customer/supplier contract change requests.
- Examine material such as advertisements, publications, etc., for legal implications.
- Provide oversight to all machine documents, guides, manuals, videos to ensure compliance related obligations are addressed.
- Support ongoing legal cases through document review, coordination of discovery of information, preparation of responses, and management of relationship(s) with outside legal counsel.
- Oversee the protection and enforcement of the company’s intellectual property, devoting time to managing patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret protection.
- Provide recommendations and support for ongoing compliance related to software, data collection, etc.
- Manage support related to compliance and legal matters for other departments as requested.
To be successful, the In-House Legal Counsel will develop a thorough understanding of Park’s business operations, its staff, services, technology, markets, facilities, customers, and competitors to identify trends and formulate legal strategies accordingly.
This role is full time, office house. It can be remote, hybrid or based out of our Saint Cloud, MN office, with travel as needed.
What makes you a good fit?
Here is what we are looking for:
- Candidates must have their Juris Doctorate degree
- Candidates should be in good standing in each jurisdiction that you are licensed to practice law
- 3+ years of legal experience
- 3+ years of experience with contracts, vendor agreements, subcontractor agreements
Our ideal candidate would have the following experience:
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Employment law experience preferred