Manufacturing Production Supervisor 2nd shift - Rotational Molding
Known for some of our larger brands - Wave Armor, Otter Outdoors, Beavertail, DOA decoys and Rhino Tuff Tanks - we are a 29 year old international company located in a small town, and we are booming with growth. This family owned, face paced, company is looking for a career-oriented, self-motivated and positive team player to help lead our rotational molding production staff. We appreciate an "I Can" attitude, a willingness to pick up a shovel and enjoy a simplistic "mundane" task today and a challenging and creative one tomorrow, and understand they all need to get done. You must be solution focused, self- motivated, and driven. Experience in 5S or Lean manufacturing a plus.
2nd shift production hours are 3:45 PM to 1:45 AM, Monday through Thursday.
You may qualify for a $5,000 Signing Bonus! $2,500 paid after 90 days, $2,500 paid after 180 days.
Rhino is a place for people who care about their work, care about their co-workers and know how to have fun! We have a passion to be the best in an environment that fosters growth. Every day we embrace challenges and celebrate achievements!
We are committed to employee success and support a core set of values and behaviors that reward and recognize your efforts and talent. Check out our website at www.rhinomade.com!
The primary functions of this position are to provide daily direction, training, and development of assigned production staff, ensure quality product is produced, work to minimize or eliminate defects, and maximize efficiencies (people, machines, and materials); all while achieving on-time delivery goals and meeting customer expectations. As a member of the leadership team, he/she will motivate all team members, lead by example, and make continuous improvements.
The secondary function of this position is to provide expertise in any way required for the day to day business of Rhino Inc. (e.g., cover for deck leads, molders, trimmers, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the shop staff in a manner that maximizes Rhino, Inc.'s operations, efficiencies and safety objectives.
- Provide leadership, direction and communication with team throughout the entire production shift. Facilitate production staff training and development, cycle time maximization, highest product quality, minimize defects and rework, meet on-time delivery goals, and ultimately meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for coordination and evaluation of staff which may include interviewing, planning, assigning work, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and resolving personnel issues. Monitor overtime per Rhino, Inc.'s guidelines to control costs and promote efficient operations.
- Hold weekly production employee meetings to discuss accomplishments, areas of improvement, issues and safety concerns.
- Become a Safety Leader by always working in a safety-conscious manner, taking necessary precautions to keep self and co-workers safe. Maintain safe and clean work environment. Identify and resolve safety concerns and make recommendations to staff and management on safety issues and/or work related injuries. Perform accident investigations as needed.
- Partner with Mold Set-Up Team on mold on/off changes, scheduling, and process. Look over tool condition (quality) prior to and while producing parts. Take ownership to make necessary repairs as applicable, and/or ensure repairs are made that are outside of individual capability or capacity.
- Responsible/Accountable for all productivity, scrap, and rework within assigned production area. Review daily production and scrap reporting and take appropriate action to continuously improve. Work with Leadership Team on recurring molding issues, root cause analysis, correction(s), corrective action, and validation. Take ownership of reducing scrap and ‘first part good part' initiatives.
- Understand/achieve specific targets. Must have capacity to plan ahead and benchmark success.
- Responsible/Accountable for ensuring the Mold Production/Maintenance Log is filled out in its entirety for every production run. Responsible/Accountable for ensuring Deck Leads have the correct work order for each job, that all orders are 100% complete with no unplanned over-runs, and that product is packaged correctly. Ensure order quantities are met prior to taking a tool off the machine.
- Continuous execution of improvement opportunities by generating a minimum of one (1) improvement opportunity initiative form per month.
- Participate in the interviewing of potential candidates and ownership of the new employee on-boarding process and on-going employee development.
- First article and transfer tool benchmark involvement (as applicable).
- Participate in creating work instructions for standardization and repeated success.
- Participate in corrective and preventative action activities.
- Attend at least 32 hours of Professional Development training (off-site) per year.
- Travel less than 5% for Professional Development and Rotational Molding Seminars.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, College degree preferred and/or Coursework in Manufacturing.
Processes & Supervisor Training. Coursework in 5S or Lean Manufacturing.
- Must have leadership experience. Example: Deck Lead or previous Supervisor.
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing related experience.
- Must be willing to further college education and/or professional development.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read/create/understand work instructions and procedures and read prints.
- Must have mechanical aptitude, good attention to detail, ability to perform basic math computations and computer data entry.
- Ability to use measuring devices (calipers, etc.) and hand and power tools (drills, etc.).
- Good visual ability to detect quality defects.
- Ability to read and interpret operating manuals and engineering standards.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, heat and cold.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and walk and stand during entire shift.