Project Engineer, Mechanical
In the Project Engineer role, you will be responsible for the technical aspect of projects to assure designs meet critical customer requirements. Mechanical Project Engineers lead mechanical design and analysis and maintain the key project metrics. At Park, our focus on innovation and the complexity of Park’s extensive line of countertop and metal forming machinery provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of a broad range of analysis and design applications.
What can you expect to do in this role?
- Provide technical leadership for all aspects of design projects from concept to production.
- Serve as the mechanical engineering representative on cross functional teams to identify and implement designs that provide product differentiation from the competition.
- Oversee and direct the mechanical design and analysis of the project with focus on the machine structure, gearboxes, rails, bearings, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ensure projects follow the New Product Development process.
- Provide input and help define the project schedule, product costs, budget and other key metrics to meet the overall business requirements.
- Facilitate concept and design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement is received from all impacted parties.
- Support the training of customer service, field installation and sales as needed.
- Provide timely resolution of customer issues.
This role is full time, working Monday to Friday office hours.
What makes you a good fit?
Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years of experiences with at least two years of experience leading projects from concept to implementation
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling
Our ideal candidate would have experience with:
- 5+ years of design and engineering experience
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated use of analysis and root cause investigation tools such as:
- Simulation and FEA
- Free-body diagrams
- Experience with AutoCad/Inventor preferred
- Ability to perform hand calculations for both load and deflection
- High level of analytical ability with experience in mechanical analysis and FEA tools
- Knowledgeable in the design of hydraulics and pneumatic systems
- Experience in the design of CNC or robotic equipment
In addition to our focus on culture, we also offer our associates a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health, vision and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, a 401k program, holidays and paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and companywide bonus potential to name a few.