Set Up - 3rd Shift - Clearwater, MN
**$2,000 Sign on Bonus to be paid out as an additional $4/hour for your 1st 500 Regular Hours**
3rd Shift – 9:45pm to 6:00am Su-Th ($24 - $28/Hour)
*No experience needed, but must be mechanically inclined. We will train.
Apply on our website at www.toplastics.com/careers
Experience matters. Since 1948, T.O. Plastics has manufactured quality custom thermoformed parts and packaging, and provided exceptional service to customers around the world. One of the top 100 thermoforming companies in North America, T.O. Plastics delivers value by focusing on customer needs and by offering a full range of services from design-to-distribution. At T.O. Plastics, we are dedicated to excellence and we leverage our experience and core competency to develop customized, cost-effective solutions for businesses in diverse markets. T.O. Plastics has facilities in both Clearwater and Otsego, Minnesota.
The Set-up individual is responsible for reviewing and understanding job packet documentation before starting set-up of equipment, setting up of machines and troubleshooting equipment and machines to ensure product runs efficiently and to standard.
Safety is #1 at T.O. Plastics: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
This position is responsible for the following tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Obey all safety policies and procedures, always work in a safe manner and report unsafe conditions or hazards.
- Remove and install production tooling.
- Stage and inspect formers/tools for the job to ensure they are ready for use or repair.
- Test run tools and materials making adjustments to produce to standards.
- Ensure correct materials are being used per the order.
- Respond to mechanical issues and assist the Machine Operator to resolve production related issues.
- Continually strive to improve set-up times and processes.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance/repairs of machines and support maintenance activities.
- Attend and participate in safety, tool box, and other meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Six to twelve months of mechanically related experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform math at an intermediate level.
- Basic computer skills, ability to work with HMI’s (Human Machine Interface).
- Ability to obtain a forklift license and operate it safely.
- Ability to proficiently use hand tools and basic power tools.
- Provide and use a set of basic hand tools.
- Ability to utilize measurement tools and read basic blue prints.
- Visual acuity to discern and make quality decisions.
- Ability to learn pneumatics, hydraulics and basic electronics.
- Ability to respond to issues with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to identify and apply continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Competent in Computer Skills.
- Reading and math skills are required.
- Communication skills both written and verbal. It is also essential in communication with both supervision and hourly employees on the floor to keep personnel informed and utilize their abilities.
- Good common sense and problem solving is a must. To succeed in this position the reasoning skills of the individual lead must be very good to enable the balance of all jobs and to solve the issues that present themselves in production.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the use of safety glasses and hearing protection due to loud noises.
- May be exposed to temperature extremes and the smell of burnt plastics and dust.
- This is a production position and physical demands are limited to this function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear.
- There may also be times when will be required not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Exposure to plant noise
- Minor cuts from hand tools or sharp edges
- Muscle strain if proper lifting techniques are not used
- Exposure to machinery and equipment
- Use proper lifting techniques
- Use of knives, sharp tools, and banding equipment/materials.