Welder, 2nd Shift
A Welder at Park Industries is responsible for welding steel with responsibilities including welding for mechanical strength, critical safety, load requirements and appearance. The Welder works from specifications, drawings, prints and welding symbols. The Welder is acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to operate efficiently through direct supervision.
In this role, some duties you can expect include:
- Fabricates and assembles components to close tolerances and specifications
- Deburring and cleanup of weldments, corrects errors and assess own work to ensure quality before part leaves work cell
- Produces consistent quality MIG welds on components to close tolerances and specifications
- Retrieves blueprints off the network and studies blueprints to determine project task sequence and requirements to fabricate assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Uses auxiliary equipment and tools (drill press, drills, taps, reams, hand grinder, band saw, etc.) safely and effectively
- Stress relief parts using meta-lax stress relieving system
What makes you a good fit?
Here is what we are looking for:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year related experience and/or training
- Certified forklift and crane operator, or the ability to obtain certification
- Ability to pass D1.1 Welding Certification test within 90days of employment (G-1 metal core .045)
This role is 2nd Shift hours, Monday - Thursday 4:00 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
In addition to our focus on culture, we also offer our associates a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health, vision and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, a 401k program, holidays, and paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and companywide bonus potential to name a few.